You have too much work. Too much much to do. And just don’t feel like running right now. Unless you’re injured, you have no excuses for not running. Here’s how to get back into your running groove
- Commit to 10 minutes. Don’t even think about how cold/hot/wet it is outside and just go for 10 minutes. If you still don’t feel like running, turn around. 19 times out of 20 though, it’s not going to be as bad as you thought. And you’ll feel much better when you finish.
- Have all your running gear ready before you go to bed. If you’re running in the morning, you’re set to go. If you’re running at or after work, you got your bag packed.
- Turn of the TV. Nuff said.
- Schedule it on your calendar. Give it the same importance as the meeting on the TPS reports and your dentist appointment.
- Run with a partner. Or better yet, a group. When you know someone is waiting for you, you feel compelled to show up. And running with a group can get you to go a little longer and faster than you would by yourself. Which makes you a better runner.
- Sign up for a race. Start out with a 5K. There are tons of great ones in Baltimore.
By staying fit you’ll be more productive at work and at home. Which will give you more time to run.